FKN Turbo Muffler Delete is a simple and cost-effective upgrade for any MQB-platform car using the 1.8T and 2.0T EA888 TSI engines with the IHI turbo.
Utilizing a sleek single billet design that replaces the restrictive and power-robbing factory part to allow a free-flowing, smooth, turbulence-free air path exiting the turbo.
What does it do? The standard part is located on the outlet of the turbo compressor and is designed to quieten engine bay acoustics. Great for a Sunday drive, not great for performance! Whilst it subdues the harmonic noises generated by the turbo, it also adds in disruptive turbulence to the airflow right where you don’t want it.
When you replace the standard part with the FKN Turbo Muffler Delete, the restrictive factory section is replaced with a straight, free-flowing, uninterrupted piece. The result: better boost response giving more response power, as well as being able to actually hear the turbo working.
- FKN Turbo Muffler Delete is compatible with all factory IHI turbos used in the MQB EA888 engined 1.8 and 2.0 cars.
- POWER GAINS - By removing the restrictive and power-robbing factory part, the airflow path out of the turbocharger is now able to flow freely, eliminating the restriction and turbulence caused by the OEM part, resulting in response and power gains.
- SOUND QUALITY - Any enthusiast wants to hear their engine working – and the FKN Turbo Muffler Delete will allow their turbo to join in, with a gentle improvement in turbo induction sound quality.
- HIGH QUALITY -CNC constructed from T6-6061 aircraft grade aluminium and hard anodised in gloss black to reduce wear.
- SIMPLE FITTING – Fitting is very straightforward. The kit is installed in around 30 minutes using just hand tools. It is also quick and easy to return to standard if so desired.
Suitable for the following:
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 GTI & Clubsport 2013-2020
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 R 2013-2020
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 1.8 TSI 2013-2020
- VW Passat 2.0 TSI B8 2015+
- VW Arteon 2.0 TSI 2017+
- VW T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 2019+
- VW Tiguan II 2.0 TSI 2016+
- VW Jetta VII GLI 2019+
- Audi S1 2.0 TSI 2015-2018
- Audi S3 8V 2013-2020
- Audi A3 2.0 TSI / 1.8 TSI 8V 2013-2020
- Audi TT 3 2.0 TSI 8S 2014+
- Audi TTS 3 2.0 TSI 8S 2015+
- Audi SQ2 2018+
- Audi Q3 45TFSI 2.0 TSI 2018+
- Skoda Octavia III vRS 2.0 TSI 5E 2014-2020
- Skoda Superb III 1.8 / 2.0 TSI 3V